Monday, June 09, 2008

9:06 PM / 9 June

Woah. I'm dead tired. Just came back from spending the day with Fadhil, Aqilah, Lisda and Nadhirah. First we went to East Coast Park in the morning to go cycling. That was actually quite fun. No long distances. 'Cause my previous bike ride was not really that enjoyable. But the short 2 hrs were actually quite fun. Breeze was blowing, sun was shining and the smell of the ocean just made things better. We didn't really go that far. We just went to one end and after that to the hawker centre place near the other end that's near the cable-boarding place. We sat there for a while before heading back to return the bikes.

We had quite a meaningful time together today. Wondering about the future and where our lives would end up. It's quite surreal at times. Like it was just yesterday we met. Like just the other day we went through the 'O's together. Never really thinking about the future. But as we edge closer, it kinda starts to dawn on us the gravity of our lives.

After that, we headed to Changi Airport for lunch. We decided to go to Swensen's. They had student lunch! Haha. Then Nadhirah said she wanted an Earthquake (as in the ice cream). Initially she wanted to pay for the Earthquake, but we flipped the script on her. We got it for her instead 'cause her birthday was not too long back. Haha.

I seriously wish I had some of the photos here so I could post them up. But it's all with Nadh and Fadh. So I have to wait.



I was thinking about the conversations we had today and about the different paths we take. Our aspirations all so unique. But yet all is so uncertain. It's scary as hell to think of failing 'cause once we are out there it's pretty much do or die. But it's good that I can still count on some people to help pull me through. That's why I have this song in mind. It's a cool slow song but there is substance to what it presents in its lyrics.

Duality by Bayside



Some days
I get crazed
I don't know why it's all relevant
I'll take deep breaths
And keep control, go on.

I've tried brave
And you've tried to save
I'm proud to keep it bottled up
I think I past my prime and lost my mind and I'm torn.

No telling what tomorrow holds.
Who let, who let this feeling die, when all I did was try?
Who let, you let this feeling die,
I can't get you out of my head, my head.
You're the flame that burns me so I know that I'm still alive.

Some say
It's all fate
but I say we control our lives
And if my destiny should outbest me then that's fine.
I make believe thrill and apathy co-exist in me fairly equally
The truth is doubts are all I've got to call mine.

No telling what tomorrow holds.
No telling what voice takes control.
Who let, who let this feeling die, when all I did was try?
Who let, you let this feeling die,
I can't get you out of my head, my head.
And you're the flame that burns me so I know that I'm still alive.

Is there anybody out there (out there)
Is anybody calling (anybody calling)
Woaahh, if what i say is really wrong
Is there anybody out there (out there)
Is anybody calling (anybody calling)
Woooah, if what you say is really wrong.
I'm not in control, I think I'm out of control

Who let, who let this feeling die, when all I did was try?
Who let, you let this feeling die,
I can't get you out of my head, my head.
And you're the flame that burns me so I know that I'm still alive.

Blogged with the Flock Browser