Thursday, July 16, 2009

10:23 PM / 16 July

Saw this Nat Geo documentary on YouTube about Straight Edge. For those who don't know, Straight Edge is a lifestyle that grew out of the hardcore and punk scene. It advocates a poison-free lifestyle. No smokes, no alcohol, no drugs. It started out as sort of a positive lifestyle for the scenesters back then and still is today. But as with any movement, there will always be the people who think they are homo superior and get violent. This documentary explores all those aspects of Straight Edge.











And by the way, I'm not militant in anyway. I don't beat up any of my friends who smoke or drink. I respect their decisions enough to know that I don't need to mess in their business. But don't let me catch you drunk out of your mind. Cause I know alcohol numbs the nerves enough to take several blows and I'm a bit of a science guy so I might use your face as an experiment.