Sunday, September 25, 2005

NOW THE HARD PART...

Prelims are over.I think i screwed it up.Could possibly be the worst showing i've ever had...

But i dun give a damn.It's not like i'm goin to jc anyway.I dun need to waste 3 months of my life doing something that i noe will not play a role in my future.I'm not cut out for jc.I can't sit down and mug for 8 hours straight.That's just not me.I'm more of a hands-on guy.U ask me to get my hands dirty and i'll do it for you.I would rather spend 8 hours doing a business presentation than spend the same amount of time mugging.That's why i'm going to poly to get my diploma in business management.Nanyang Polytechnic to be exact.

Actually i thought about going to S'pore poly or Temasek poly, but i was smart enough to realize that its too far away even in small Singapore.It wouldn't be much of a problem if i had a car or a motorbike but the thing is i don't.So i'll stick to somewhere close,NYP that's where i belong...

I spent the most of yesterday with my father and uncle at the driving range.I needed to improve on my golf swing and since i needed to relieve stress, i realized it was a good way to spend my saturday afternoon.Contrary to popular belief, golf is not an easy sport.You think swinging and whacking a ball is easy?Well yeah, sure its easy to just hit it, but try hitting a ball in a pre-determined directon with enough loft(height) so that it dosen't hit any obstacles while trying to give it enough backspin so that it stops the moment it lands.You must also take into account the wind speed and direction to ensure that ur shot is as accurate as possible.Dosen't sound so easy now rite?Plus if ur swing is not correct, you could possibly injure one of the several vertebrae found in your spinal cloumn.

I realized that its been a long time since i played golf and it was showing.My accuracy had dipped, my swing is totally falling apart.Even my short-game was ruined(for those who dunno wad a short-game is, its my short distance shots).Luckily i was able to get back my rhythm at the end of the day.

I think this week might be the only time i have to rest and relax before getting down to business.In about seven weeks time, the O-levels will dawn upon me.The dreaded O's that everyone's been talking about will finally be here.Judgement time is coming and there will be no second chances.

So i'll start mugging around this time next week in preparation for the O's.Actually, the O's ain't the hard part, it's the studying.Who in the right mind would sit down and spend their day reading about discoveries made centuries ago about things they obviously aren't interested in?If i was going to grow up to be a rocket scientist then maybe i would give a damn, but the thing is i'm not.But i'm forced to, and me being the good boy that i am,just do wat i'm told and shut my mouth about it.

I'll be targeting a healthy L1R5 of about 15 and an L1B4 of around 10-12.Its quite hard for me considering my last L1R5 was 33.But i'll try my best as my future depends on it.

So good luck to everybody taking the O's including myself and if i'm lucky (or unlucky), i'll see you in NYP next year.

Why do you care so much about me,
When in fact you hate me.
Why do you think about me,
When you want me dead.

Get out,
Go away.
I don't need you,
Get out of my head.