Friday, November 25, 2005

THAT'S ALL FOLKS....

Grad ball was a blast! Marina Mandarin felt the wrath of the Andersonians as everybody strutted in their suits, shirts and dresses. It was one heck of an event.

I was able to get eveything I wanted to wear. Well almost. I couldn't find the ringer T-shirt that I was looking for. So I just got a Fender T-shirt. It worked well though. I wore that together with a white tailor-made blazer(couldn't find my size), black jeans and my sneakers. I realized there was nobody else dressed in the same style as me. Makes me damn original. hehe... :)

Pradip looked damn sleak in his trenchcoat. Reminded me of Neo from the Matrix. Dope sia Pradip. Fadhil wore a fitted blazer with a damn nice T-shirt underneath. He actually got everything that he wanted. Yiyang looked like a CEO the first time I saw him. Blazer, shirt and a T-shirt? Not hot ah Yiyang? Syafiq...Hai...Wore his grandfather's blazer or so he says. Looked good actually.

Actually, everybody looked good. Even those I didn't expect to look good came out quite well. But there were a few who did not exactly seem that presentable. I'm not naming any names.

The event itself was great. Although I must admit, the MC was a faggot. Can't even pronounce boombox properly. The prize for the lucky draw was crazy man. Altec-Lansing speakers, Karaoke sets, MP3 players, The IDog, and the top prize was a TV. Man, I wish I got the TV. But nevermind, my room already has a TV.

The awards had a few surprises. I'll name all the award winners. Mr. Personality was Melvin(no surprises) and Miss Congeniality was Anjali(quite a surprise). Man of Valour was Jeevan(lost for words) and Lady of Valour was Li Mei(not surprising). Prom King was Hashir(totally no surprise there) and Prom Quen was Liyin(damn bloody surprised).

Didn't manage to bag anything at the end of the day, but I did get to spend a memorable time with all my friends. That, I think, is the best thing about the ball. It's better than any prize that was up for grabs. It's also a great time to have fun together with the teachers. They worked damn hard for us and we worked hard for them so they deserve to have some fun with us.

I feel sorry for those who did not want to come for dumb reasons. I don't mind those who were already on holiday or were not allowed to go to the ball. But for those who just did not want to come missed out on alot. They missed spending time with friends and teachers. When are we ever going to be able to spend time together as a level with the teachers after today? You might think it was a bit expensive, but the memories gained from this experience were priceless. Never again could I have such an experience with my friends and teachers if I had not gone for the grad ball.

Oh yeah, before I go. Calling out to all those who have pictures of the grad ball with me in them, I WANT THOSE PICTURES!!!!