Sunday, September 17, 2006

Ringin' Through My Head...

My playlist has been kinda weird lately. I actually realized how freakin diverse the rock genre has become. Let's see, there's rock, hard rock, metal, hardcore, metal-core, heavy metal, death metal, black metal, progressive rock, progressive metal, emo, punk, screamo, punk-core, emo-core, ska, nu-metal, rap metal, and many more which I will not bother naming. Go and find out your freakin' self why don't you!? Hehe... So here's the top 25 of my bloody playlist.

I'll start off with the rockgods 'cause without these guys, even cheesy-sorry-excuses-for-rock like McFly won't be around.

1.) Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls/ Fade To Black
2.) Iron Maiden - The Trooper/ Aces High/ Run To The Hills
3.) Black Sabbath - Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath/ Iron Man/ Paranoid
4.) Pantera - Primal Concrete Sledge

Now something a bit more current. First, the heavy...

5.) Bullet For My Valentine - (Pretty much every single song from their debut album 'The Poison')
6.) Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions/ Chapter Four/Beast and The Harlot/ M.I.A
7.) Atreyu - Ex's and Oh's/ Right Side Of The Bed/ Bleeding Mascara
8.) Killswitch Engage - The End Of Heartache/ Last Serenade/ Fixation On The Darkness/ World Ablaze
9.) Shadows Fall - Inspiration On Demand
10.) Slipknot - Before I Forget

Now that that's done, here comes the music that I was raised up with. PUNK!!

11.) Blink 182 (Sad to say, they are no longer around) - Dammit/ Adam's Song/ What's My Age Again?
12.) Anti-Flag - The School Of Assassins/ Die For Your Government/ The Press Corpse
13.) MxPx - Punk Rawk Show/ Responsibility / I'm Ok, You're Ok / Barbie Girl (Punk Cover)
14.) NoFx - The Decline / Stick It In My Eye / Bob / Seeing Double At The Triple Rock
15.) AFI - Total Immortal / The Boy Who Destroyed The World (Sidenote : Miss Murder = AFI selling out)
16.) Rise Against - Paper Wings / Like The Angel
17.) Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons/ Open Your Eyes/ Spokesman

This leaves me with one last set. One of the newer rock genres so to speak. Emo...

18.) Comback Kid - Lorelei / Wake The Dead / Losing Patience
19.) Motion City Soundtrack(Note: this is the name of the band) - Everything Is Alright
20.) Alexisonfire - No Transitory / .44 Calibre Love Letter
21.) Saves The Day - Third Engine / The End
22.) Taking Back Sunday - Spin
23.) Story Of The Year - Anthem Of Our Dying Day

Finally, these are just a couple of odd-one outs but sound good nonetheless.

24.) Placebo - Every You, Every Me
25.) Crazytown - Butterfly

Heh. Now that I think of it, my playlist does seem quite weird. I've got a bit of pent-up anger in there, some political hate (ok, alot), a couple of ripped hearts, quite a bit of suppressed emotions and some outright wackiness. Can a shrink help me analyze this?