Sunday, March 18, 2007

4:55 am / March 18

So, I'm back it seems. Not that I've been anywhere. I've just been at home all this time. Well maybe except for the impromptu sleepover at Fadhil's house a couple weeks back and the class chalet a couple of days after that. Other than that I've been at home. Just lazing around getting myself ready for the new term which is like happening in a month's time.

My online life has taken quite a stumble this past month. My old beat-up laptop/PC went dead on me. I think it just got overloaded by the JAVA project. Lost quite a bit of my data on it. My songs especially. Managed to salvage only about 70% of my tracks. Luckily all my schoolwork was saved. I tried to save the godammed thing. Pretty much that was how the impromptu sleepover happened. Went over to Fadhil's house after my final paper. Pradip was there too. We tried to figure out what was wrong (even Pradip included). Tried formatting the thing by installing Windows again. Couldn't work as the hard drive couldn't even be read. So being the guys that we were we decided to dismantle it. Just the cover though. We're not that crazy. Didn't manage to reach the hard drive though. After that Fadhil tried a recovery. Didn't work. Finally he found a possible solution, at about 11 pm I think. Most likely it could have been a problem with the driver for the hard drive. Haven't had a chance to try it out though as it requires a diskette.

So now I got a new PC. Didn't manage to get the laptop that I had been asking for but what the heck. My PC only costs 300 bucks. My bro's friend put it together for me. P4 celeron, 1.68 GHz, 256 RAM, Matrox Video Card, DVD-Writer and an old skool floppy drive. Quite a good deal ain't it? Haha. The wonders of technology. I still need a new keyboard and a monitor. I'm currently using my old ones, a CRT and a stock keyboard. Oh yeah, and better speakers.

Now I'm just waiting for my results which are due in like a few days. I think I might be getting something around the range of 3.3 . My Statistics could probably pull me down. Wasn't confident of that one in the first place. I gotta focus. What am I doing. Forgetting about your future already huh Fariq? I hope not.

One last thing before I go, Where the heck was Hadi posted to?