Friday, June 22, 2007

22 June / 1:23 AM




Just when I thought that I was back listening to metal, I get hit by this. Madina Lake, an alternative/punk band that was signed by roadrunner records, a metal label. It'll be funny to see these guys hang around with the likes of Trivium and KsE.

But these guys sound great. They may not have growling vocals or complex guitar riffs but what they bring is such a massively infectious energy in their song. Especially in their single 'House of Cards'. And just like any great band should, they are very impressive when playing live. They do not lose any of their energy on stage.



So I got word that Funeral For A Friend are coming to Singapore. 75 bucks for a ticket. Right...

This year has seen a truckload of internationally known bands drop by Singapore. Up till this point there are about 6 bands that have or are going to perform in Singapore. Let me see, there was the small NOFX gig, the Dragonforce tour, Sick of it All dropped by for a gig too, the Anberlin/Copeland gig and now Funeral For a Friend. Boy, how I wish I could have gone to all those gigs. These are all great bands but there hasn't been any gig I was too excited about. No really important gigs.

Concerts that I will surely pay money for would be one done by Metallica, an Iron Maiden one maybe, B4MV,Ozzy, Saosin (They stayed in Singapore for the night but played a gig in Indonesia), and maybe a Beetles reunion.

Other than that not many concerts really tickle my fancy. This is mainly because of the f**kin high ticket prices promoters usually put up. 75 bucks for FFAF?! And most of these bands usually play a gig a day. Imagine the money they earn. Damn...