Saturday, September 08, 2007

2:01 AM / 8 September

Okay...There was actually a second point to my rant about MCR yesterday but I accidentally hit publish and it got posted and I was too lazy to edit it.

Here's the second part. This is more of a rant about MCR fans as opposed to MCR itself. Like I said, I don't mind MCR but they are not really that great.

This was taken from Machine Head's website:

Machine Head's "Best Album" win at last Thursday's Kerrang! Awards over pop-rock powerhouses My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy has apparently cut deep with fans of both bands, prompting a flood of angry whining and sad-faced emoticons on the Kerrang! message boards. Machine Head's upset victory over the multi-platinum softcore acts sent their inherently sensitive fans into an emotional frenzy, building into a tizzy of unparalleled proportions. Wrought with dismay, polished fingernails the world over lashed out at the band and metal as a whole with diatribes the likes of "MCR really should have won!!! I'm mad now!!!!”, "what a load of shit, who the fuck listens to them?" and "Stupid Machine Head!!", at times stooping so low as to say the competition was fixed, and often gravely endangering the integrity of their carefully sideswept hair with posts like "I H8 METAL, I H8 METAL, I H8 METAL, I H8 METAL, I H8 METAL, I H8 METAL, I H8 METAL".


C'mon man...Seriously...You expect MCR and Fallout Boy's albums to beat Machine Head's 'The Blackening' ? A lot of people have already said that 'The Blackening' is the best metal album of the year by far. And you expect it to be beaten by 2 mainstream bands? God...I just heard 1 song from 'The Blackening' and I'm already blown away. I've heard a couple of songs from 'The Black Parade' and 'Infinity on High' but I'm still not pulled in. Although 'The Black Parade(song)' did get me singing along to it. But it didn't blow me away.

And another thing, MCR and FOB have been around for about 6-7 years while Machine Head have been around for more that 10-12 years. Although their resurgence mainly began in 2003, they already had history and support behind them from their first few albums.

So, who would you actually expect to win? A couple of mainstream bands whose fan base tends to swing around according to trends and whose releases are mediocre at best? Or a band that released a monstrous record and has a loyal following?

I'm not hating on the bands. I'm just stating the stupidity in the MCR and FOB fans' comments on Machine Head's win.



----------------
Now playing: Saosin - Follow And Feel
via FoxyTunes