Thursday, August 07, 2008

7:25 PM / 7 August

Hmmm.... What to say. What to say.

I'm pretty much done with 90% of this semester. All I have left are 2 exams. One on the 20th and another on the 27th. So I don't really have to start stressing myself out now.

I mean seriously, the projects this past semester was enough to make anyone scream. Let me list out all that I had to do.

- Entrepreneurship: Had to come up with a viable business plan which was to be presented in front of industry people. Deliverables included a mock-up of our product, a website, posters, flyers, brochures, actual feasible financial plans and a sound marketing plan.
   
evom logo
Events On The Move:EVOM

- Enterprise Application Integration Project: Had to build a full-on website with Google Map and AJAX functionality.

- J2EE: This I have to give mad props to my group. 'cause I didn't do much for this one. Had to build a blog for this assignment

- Global Supply Chain Management: Had to do a study into the Supply Chain methods of Exxon Mobil

- Internet Marketing: Had to do an individual report on the internet marketing strategies of Vans.com.

- Internet Marketing: Had to do another group report and presentation to improve Sheng Siong Supermarket's web presence. Had to build a mock-up of the planned web site

So it seems like just six projects. But Entrepreneurship and EAIPJ lasted the whole semester. So focus kinda gets thrown around a lot when you have to manage your time around these 2 projects. Oh yeah and not to mention that somewhere in all those projects 4 websites were made. Thank God I made it through all these in one piece.

Study break is here. Too bad I don't got no holidays this semester. After my last paper, it's off to do my Teaching Enterprise Project and my Industrial Placement Program. To be frank, life in NYP was never easy but damn it was hella worth the ride.

Now with some time on my hands I can go back to studying Mixed Martial Arts. I tried doing a bit of it this past semester but skool kinda drowned it out. I have yet to finish watching Bas Rutten's career fights. There's about 3+ hours of footage in there. Good ones I might add.

I just got finished watching Never Back Down. Thought I could use it to get me back into the MMA mood. It's a good movie and I've been looking forward to watching it for a long time. Though the fights are nothing like those in real MMA. For instance, the protagonist's (whoever his name was) kicks were too wild. And some of the submissions pulled off were just crazy. I mean it's all good for the movie screens but I prefer the real thing.

Like for instance this fight right here.

Bas Rutten vs Jason Delucia (Pancrase)


Bas Rutten is my favourite fighter and there's nothing better than learning from the fighter himself. I've never met him, but at least his collection of career fights has him explaining what was going through his head during the fight.

This match is wicked mainly cause of how methodical it all seems. For those of you who don't know, Pancrase does not allow closed-fist punches to the head. So you can only used open palm slaps to the head but you can still punch the body.

This match was pretty much the first match where I learned something about MMA or any fight sport in general. The liver is the biggest organ in the torso and hitting the liver spot-on is way more painful than a knockout because when you get knocked-out you don't feel any pain during the duration when you are out. With a liver shot you feel it during and after you get hit.

Argh. I think I'm gonna go back to pestering my dad to get me a punching bag and some MMA gloves.


Blogged with the Flock Browser