Friday, October 10, 2008

11:45 PM / 10 October

Aww man...I'll never forget today's date. It marks the end of pretty much the best 6 weeks of my life at NYP. I don't think it can get any better than my time at EMRS. At the start of TEP I was actually bummed that I got split from my class to go to EMRS. But now I see it was all worth it. It was only 6 weeks but damn we bonded well together. We were pretty much family when we left the room for the last time today. No disrespect to my classmates from DBI, but it seems that I just clicked in with the guys there. It was such a breath of fresh air considering that I had only 4 days of rest after my last exam paper before going off for TEP. And it was also a bit of ironic considering that for Entrepreneurship last semester, I did an events management company.

But I guess what worked was that there was a right mix of people there. Kinda like back in Anderson Sec. So you never really got bored with the people there. And I looked forward to going there every goddamn day. I had OT to claim and I really saw no reason to take it. I did not mind waking at 7:00 in the morning everyday and jamming myself into a train to get to school. I even left my guitar there to pass the time. The only downside was that I was fasting during most of my time there. So it got kinda boring during lunch.

Still, I feel like going to the room on Monday instead of ELDC just for the fun of it. I doubt they really de-activated my card. I'll go there and freak out the new round of students. Haha.

Well, I guess this set of lyrics from an All That Remains song can really sum things up.

"It's been so long since I could say
I've needed anything stronger
We can't be wrong when we have ties that bind us
If I rely and I know the strength
In those who taught me of the
Power of the ties that bind"
- from 'Chiron' by All That Remains