Thursday, January 01, 2009

2:28 AM / 1 January

Heh. Happy New Year guys.

To tell you the truth, I never thought I'd see myself live to see 2009. So much shit happening around. There were times I just couldn't handle the change.

Sounds a bit funny since I'm such a big advocate of change.

But sometimes, change happens and you don't really expect it to turn out the way it does. I guess that's what happened to me. I just couldn't take it. Being forced to move places, my dad getting arthritis. It all just piled on for me.

I tried to see the bright side of things. But sometimes I just couldn't see it. See the point of it all.

There was a time my mind was just consumed by unthinkable thoughts that I would normally never let myself feel. It just go to a point where I just didn't want to wake up the next day.

But I got through. And it's because of the few of my closest friends. You guys might not know it. But the time that we spent together just helped me through. To see that it was all worth it.

My previous post comes from the quote that appears at the beginning. I came to find that quote within myself a few days back, on a certain Sunday morning.

This place has taken a lot from me, and very soon, will take a lot more from me. But I know there will come a time where I can say, "Screw you" and take everything back. For me, for my family and for my friends.

But I knew the first step was getting through this year. And as I said, you guys might not know it, but the times we spent together really got me through. But it's these type of things I would rather keep to myself. It's what gets me through.


Thanks guys.