Saturday, February 21, 2009

1:30 AM / 21 February

If there's one thing I hate is doing something that didn't really need to be done in the first place. Like, cutting my hair. And it was just starting to grow right. Though it did smell like barbecue a good coupla months after the said barbecue happened.


I don't know what it is. I listen to these 2 bands. I like their music like crazy. They both have female instrumentalists and vocalists. I gush over how good the girls look. I like the music too. The music is different. But...Something dumb happens and the girl gets kicked out of the band. And to remain faithful, their bassist boyfriends leave the band too. Then the whole band just loses their uniqueness 'cause they are missing not only the female vocals, but also an instrumentalist that made the band different.

Case in point. I Am Ghost. Kerith was their backup vocalist and violinist. Violin. You know how many rock bands have a violin and make it sound good. And I'm not talking about stuff like Flogging Molly or any other Celtic Punk band. They play more like a fiddle-ish thing. I'm talking about using classical-based violin licks. It sounded like a symphony instead of a rock album. It was different. Then some mix-up between the beliefs of separate band members led to Kerith and the bassist, Brian, leaving the band. Now they just sound like another band from the scene. Still good, but not as noteworthy.



Next is 1997. An indie-ish sounding band. Played keyboards and xylophone depending on what was needed. She also featured prominently in terms of vocals. This was the first band that I actually liked that did not play music that was fast, heavy or overly oratorical. Just easy listening. Then, I guess some lack of understanding or what resulted in the band asking Alida to leave. Haven't heard any new material from the band since though something is slated for release. But she was such a good-looker and she had a great voice. Why'd she have to go.... *sulks*



I guess you can't have too much of a good thing.