Sunday, June 21, 2009

1:49 AM / 21 June

Today was one of those days. That day being the 20th of June on a Saturday. You know. Everyone has one of those days. Those days where you realize that God is messing with you. Not in a bad way though.

You see, I have this belief that even if God is all powerful and all knowing, He still has a funny side in Him. Anytime something weird happens to me that I can't understand I always look up and wonder if God's playing a joke. I mean, what are the odds that He has a funny side? And I guess today He reminded me that He still has it.

You see, I've been in a bit of a financial pickle lately. Had to pay a bill on the 20th or else my line would get cut. I was trying to come up with the money that day. I was 20 bucks short. Not that I was taking it seriously. But then stuff happened that made me look up and wonder if God was messing with me again.

Firstly, I was at Adidas Suntec with Kelvin. He was paying for stuff. While waiting for the cashier I was chatting with him. I suddenly realized that in between us on the counter was a dope looking Samsung phone. I was like damn. For fear of getting charged Kelvin decided to ignore it. So I ended up getting all noble and stuff and passed it to the sales guy.

Next, I was walking outside Raffles Shopping Centre with Kel. Saw a few kids helping out with Flag Day. I didn't realize it was for the Special Olympics. I would have donated if I had known. So anyways, the kids were asking these 2 white guys to donate. They did and as one of the guys was putting stuff into his pocket, a crumpled 10 dollar note dropped out. I didn't realize what it was until I got closer. Again I realized the situation and did the noble thing by bumping a few people out of the way and retrieving the 10 dollar note to pass to the guy. I hope it really was that guy's 10 bucks. I'll be damned if I was wrong. But I just did what my eyes interpreted.

This post was not too make myself look good or anything. Nor is it a lie. Ask Kelvin and he'll vouch for me. What I realized on this day was that I almost forgot about the weird relationship I had with a certain Guy sitting in the clouds. So I looked to the sky and said, 'Dammit, you got me again. That was a nice one God.'

----------------
Now playing: Mastodon - Oblivion
via FoxyTunes