Saturday, September 06, 2008

3:35 PM / 6 September

Wheeee....Life's so fun at the moment. I'm doing Events Management and Road Shows(EMRS) for TEP now. So basically my 'department' if you would like to call it that, is in charge of pretty much all the events in and around NYP and even a couple outside. At first I was bummed 'cause I was separated from the rest of my module group who were sent to the Business Services Unit. But now I'm feeling kinda happy that I'm there. Here's why.

Monday: Reach EMRS. I'm told there's no work to be done since an event just finished the week before and planning for the next one hadn't started. We only had a 30 min meeting that day. I regretted not bringing my laptop but still managed to facebook and play PSP the whole day.

Tuesday: Brought my laptop and a book to read. Had a meeting that day for about 40 min if I'm not wrong. Played Football Manager the whole day after that.

Wednesday: Meeting in the morning followed by DoTA on laptop after that. Played CnC Generals at Raiders with some of the guys during lunch. At around 2pm EMRS had to go to Suntec to visit a Food Fair. Team 3 had to do a survey for them on the environment of the food fair and a bit of mystery shopping. Did that for the rest of the day.

Thursday: Meeting with supervisor in the morning. One of the guys downloaded Generals and all of us installed it. Tried to play on LAN but ran into errors. So played campaign the whole day. There was a meeting in there around 2.30pm too.

Friday: My team, which is Team 5, have to go recce an Old Folk's Home for an upcoming event which is a Community Event. They have to go at around 1pm which means I can't go 'cause of Friday prayers. But, I've got work to do. Had to do a poster for the event. Spent about 60% of my day doing 3 posters. Sad thing is the first 2 got rejected 'cause the higher-ups want it in landscape form not portrait. Played table tennis in the 'office' towards the end of the day.




So as you can see, life is not too bad to me. Work is gonna pick up around the tail-end of next week as we get closer to the event. But for now, the easing in process is great. And the guys in my team are a great bunch of people too.
Blogged with the Flock Browser