Saturday, April 18, 2009

1:01 AM / 18 April

It's 1am. I'm feeling a little political.

There is a high chance that President Obama may fail in the White House. For as much as he can say he wants to change things, he will not get things done unless the people of America change themselves.

Not that I am against President Obama. But as I said before, with such a big problem looming over the head of such an untested politician, if he doesn't manage to pull things off, the failure will be perceived to be twice as large as the problem was in the first.

Those two paragraphs above struck me when I remebered how much media interest there is in his presidency. Not since JFK has there been this much media scrutiny in the life of a president. From the First Lady's fashion to their dog, there's a lot of eyes on them. 

And so fitting that it was JFK who said, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country". But do the people remember?

Less than a week in office and people were already dismayed at his progress. Because he promised change. But because he made change such a big issue that people perceive the change to be big. That's why I believe the people will perceive the failure to be bigger than the issue. They won't see the things that he has set in motion to be the change that they need in the future.

All I got to say is good luck President Obama. You'll need it.

P.S. I know this is a bit late, but I forgot about it. Was supposed to have posted this after inauguration but it got locked in the back of my head with skool and what not.