Sunday, April 26, 2009

12:19 AM / 26 April

So yeah. I got into SCDF. Enlisting on the 6th of October. Alhamdullilah. It's after Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Means I don't need to fast during BRT.

I'm very happy I got into the Home Team. If I ever had the choice, I never want to join the army. It's just not me. I'm not a preacher of war. And even more so in Singapore, I'd rather be in the Police or the Civil Defence. 'Cause to be honest, no offence to the Singapore Armed Forces, we either go to war and get run over, or we don't go to war at all. I don't want to say anything else.

But the most improtant thing to me, is being active. I want to use the skills I learned to actually help lives. Not sit around and just be on standby til I ROD.

I wanna be a paramedic if that's possible. I could actually save lives. Like daily. Like a superhero. But then again. I won't be the only one.

All in all, I'm just thankful. I have been given this opprotunity. After consigning myself to 6 months in the SAF, I am genuinely happy that I'm going to the SCDF.

Paramedic. This vid below kinda makes me wanna be one.



I'm not sure what's worse
The waiting or the waiting room
"You're next sir" becomes a cruel taunt to you
recycled air, the smell of sleep and disinfectant
Your God is a two door elevator

Do they even cure you
(cut me open drug me)
Or is it just to humor us before we die
(repair all my defects)
If only we could heal ourselves
We wouldn't.. need to be hooked up to these machines

Whoa whoa whoa...

Let's redefine (6x)
What it means to heal

Do they even cure you
(cut me open drug me)
Or is it just to humor us before we die
(repair all my defects)
If Only we could heal ourselves
We wouldn't.. need to be hooked up to these machines

Whoa whoa whoa...