Saturday, November 18, 2006

Masters of Metal

My phone is screwed. The keypad is not working. Only the on/off button. SonOfABitch man. All my contacts are stored in there and stoopid old me didn't copy it into my SIM card. I've had it for only about one year and I thought it could hold out for another year but I guess not. I'm going down to Plaza S'pura on Sunday (if I have the energy and time) to get it checked. So, for now I'm just using an old beat-up 7250. I don't mind about what phone I own now pretty much due to the fact that I've got my PSP. But I really am starting to miss my E398. I don't know if I'm going to get like a sort of permanent-temporary replacement for it in case it can't be fixed. But whatever the case, I need cash. Hari Raya didn't bring me much. I think all my Raya cash is gone. That's Poly life they say...






One by Metallica and The San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.

I keep watching these S&M Metallica videos and I still don't know how they managed to pull it off. Musically I was looking at the Metallica music sheets and I just couldn't grasp how Metallica's riffs could be accompanied by an orchestra. Strike that. The symphony wasn't accompanying, they were actually playing together with their own riffs. Metallica has a rather deep Blues background so I'm thinking that's how they do it. But matching the riffs and timing, woah... I'm still blown away. It almost turned the songs into sort of a musical epic.

I was actually contemplating something like this back at Anderson last year, but then I realized, Anderson does not have a string orchestra. Just a wind "ensemble". So I scrapped the plan. If it had gone through, it would be just that, alot of wind. Long time since I jammed. Missing my band man. I just need to sit at the drums for an hour an beat the shit out of the skins. It'll relieve alot of tension. Scrap that. It'll release ALL of my tensions.

Like I always say, music is about feeling. The musician maketh the instrument. And I just wanna make my drums scream.