Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I Think I'm Gonna Be Sick....*barfs*

Urgh...I don't think I feel too good. Asked my dad for a ride to school this morning. I thought that it was gonna be kinda relaxed as I did not have to wait for any dumb buses. To my horror, as we were about to leave the carpark, my dad blasted some sort of old skool Malaysian mat jiwang CD. I almost died. I was already suffering from a lack of sleep and the last thing I needed was to be smothered in lame ass tunes where the guy keeps on asking why the girl left him. It was already bad enough that I was half asleep and hungry. Now I'm getting a freaking headache from the music playing in the car. And of all lessons to start my day off it had to be French. Je Parle Francais. Yeah right...

I am one of the faster learners in class but I am still lost for the most part. How the heck do I conjugate vous and nous? Actually, that I already. The screwed up part now is knowing which objects are masculine and which objects are feminine. I thought that there was a rule for this. Turns out there is no such rule. So now, before I say a noun, I have to think to myself, 'Is it a guy or a girl?'. I think the problem comes from the idiot who invented Francais. I think he forgot a French version of the word 'it'. Life becomes much simpler when 'it' becomes part of the language.

So, I was supposed to hand up an assignment for French just now and to my disbelief, I was supposed to hand up an e-assignment as well. Something Bernard forgot to pass to me. Good going there man. Now I have to go and pass it up to my tutor on Thursday.





So, I just got a friendster account. Now, I'm not being a dick or anything but I really think that MySpace is better than Friendster. With all due respect to Friendster, they are a good social networking site. Good for keeping in touch with old friends as well as getting to know new ones. But it pretty much stops there.

You know me, more is everything. In MySpace, there is one major thing that makes me love it so much. MySpace Music. It's very hard to keep track with the underground scene if you don't have any contacts in the scene itself. So with MySpace Music, I kinda get a feel for the scene. At the same time, I can actually listen to alot of different up and coming bands the world has never heard of. +44 for example. Mark and Travis have risen from the ashes that was once Blink-182 with a better band, sound and no Tom to say, 'I want total control of the band'. They don't have any proper website. Instead they decided to use a MySpace Artists page. This is actually much better than having just a website. They ACTUALLY keep in close contact with their fans. THEY actually maintain the page. Not some web page numb-nut. The even greater thing is that Mark has his own MySpace. It's kinda cool to have somebody like Mark as a 'friend' even if it is only on MySpace.

But one thing Friendster is good for is that I can actually see all my old classmates mainly due to the fact that the whole of Singapore uses it. I was surfing through the system the other day and I came upon kids from my primary school. Good thing? I don't know. Primary school was a time when I had all the options stacked against my favour. Only Malay kid in a class of elitist Chinese kids with only 1 Indian kid and 1 Chinese kid to truly call friends. Kinda feels like my Poly class except on the opposite side of the spectrum if you know what I mean. But I'm there to help them.

So anybody with a Friendster account add me. www.friendster.com/sublimemind.