Saturday, March 15, 2008

15 March / 5:15 AM

Hmmm...What to say. What to say.

It's been about 2 weeks since I last blogged. Not that I've been busy. I just didn't have anything to blog about. So let's see.

So the A level results are out. From what I've seen not many people were too happy nor confident about their prospects. Well all I gotta say is just hang in there guys. It'll all be over soon.

That gets me thinking about the past few months in my life. School was tough and my life was even tougher. Sometimes I even felt like giving up. This was pretty much the toughest semester yet. Some people think life in poly is easy but that is not the case. We only have 15 weeks to crank out results for around 7 modules. That's a lot to ask for. Especially when you are getting hit by deadlines left and right. The stress to keep up is off the chart.

This was the case for the past semester. There were a lot of times I just planned on giving up hope. Especially the last day before one of my biggest project presentations to date. Then as I was getting off the bus to go home, 'The Air That I Breathe" by All That Remains started playing on my headset. And the things that I felt when I listened to that song were just indescribable. It was like something just clicked and I suddenly got this massive second wind that helped me push through the project deadline.

After a few days I kinda came together with this concept about positive thinking. And the basis of my concept is that what drives our desire to perform and our abilities is doubt. Even the slightest presence of doubt will adversely affect our drive and our abilities. I place more emphasis on drive because that is where I believe doubt has the most effect on.

This is basically the basis of my concept. "Live Life Fierce"

I say fierce because that is what I seem to feel when I get all the doubt and negativity out of my thinking. Everytime I listen to "The Air That I Breathe" and I remind myself about the meaning behind that song it always gets me riled up. Just thinking positive is not enough. You have to drive out every possible presence of doubt and to do that, I believe is only achieved when you really psych yourself up. Sort of your mind just going ballistic and running wild. That is what happens when you release your mind from the pangs of doubt.

But it's impossible to keep in that state of mind forever. Your brain will burn out. That's why now when I feel down and out I'll just listen to "The Air That I Breathe". But I knew that was not gonna be enough for me. So I actually wrote a little poem-like/pledge thingy quite a while back. I kinda take it more like a pledge so that I never forget about my goals and aspirations.

NOT NOW. NOT NEVER by FREAQ

I say a lot of things.
And a lot of things I am not.
But still I am true.
In my words and my actions.
What makes me who I am.
Is not what I am now.
It's who I can be.
It's in my control.
It is not in the control of others.
I am everything and nothing.
I am not immortal.
But in memories is where I shall live.
And I shall leave my mark.
On a world that is dying.
Dying at the hands of the people which it feeds.
But I will not relent.
I shall move forward.
Till my very last breath.
Be it now or the end of eternity.
I will never surrender.
NOT NOW. NOT NEVER



This is just another way to keep focused. Always remind yourself that there is always something to look forward to. And if there seems like nothing left. Always remember that family and friends are there.

So for all the A Levelers who are down and out, take some time and just think about your situation and all the possibilities available to you. And never, ever give up. If we were animals, the moment we gave up, we would all die.



The Air That I Breathe by All That Remains

I will not relent no no
Never live with defeat, never falter
It's like the air that I breathe(like the air I breathe)
I will not choke on failure
And I will not choke on failure

I am a mortal man
But I'm not falling, I'm not broken yet
I am a mortal man
But I hold tight to my beliefs now

I have suffered defeat, pain, loss
Still I push to the edge, never falter
For this cements my beliefs (this cements my beliefs)
I'll remain my own master

I will not relent no no
Never suffer defeat, never falter
For this cements my beliefs (this cements my beliefs)
I will not choke on failure

I am a mortal man
But I'm not falling I'm not broken yet
I am a mortal man
But I hold tight to my beliefs now

I am a mortal man
But I'm not falling I'm not broken yet
I am a mortal man
But I hold tight to my beliefs now

I will not relent
I will not relent, no no
I will not relent
Never suffer defeat never falter
I will not relent, no no

Never suffer
Never falter
I will not relent, no no
Never suffer
Never falter







So yeah, that's all for now. Just decided to leave it at that. Hope that which ever of my peeps who didn't do well for their A's just read the above post. Nothing is ever worth feeling disappointed for.

One more thing. Something's wrong with my tagbox. Don't know exactly what though. It's done by a local guy so I decided to show support for locals by using his tagbox. Recently there have been quite a few problems. Hope it gets back up soon.