Wednesday, May 28, 2008

3:00 AM / 28 May

So, my band is joining Bandzout in NYP. Wonder how it'll go considering that we only got started quite recently. I wonder if Kelvin has sent in the form.

We're calling ourselves 'Of suicides and silver lines'. Kinda weird considering the places my head has been in the past few weeks.

Now we need to figure out what to play both for the auditions and the final (if we make it that far). I need to take a few things into consideration. One main thing is our ability as a band. So more technical songs are out of the question. This is further stressed by the fact that we have only around 4 weeks to prepare. So I'm gonna go for songs with more meaning. Those with a proper message that can relate to our views and experiences. Those that we can really sing full on with all our heart. (And why does it seem that at the exact moment I wrote that, my fringe started to go over my eye?)

So I'm looking through my library of songs to see what we could play. Here's what I got:

-Lycanthrope by (+44)
-911 For Peace by Anti-Flag
-Got The Numbers by Anti-Flag
-No Future by Anti-Flag
-Go by Blink-182
-I Feel So by Boxcar Racer
-Secret Weapon by MxPx
-Empty Walls by Serj Tankian
-Umbrella(Cover Version) by Vanilla Sky
-Give It All by Rise Against
-Like Trumpets by With Honor (This song is gonna be hard considering that I can't find the tabs)

That's my shortlist, but there are a few songs that I really wish we could perform for Bandzout but I know that it'll be too much to ask in such a short time or it would not be allowed on stage. But here's a list that I just thought I should give.

-Blindfolds Aside by Protest The Hero (With us actually performing it blindfolded)
-Blackhawks Over Los Angeles by Srung Out
-This Could Be Anywhere In The World by Alexisonfire
-Underground Network by Anti-Flag
-Brianstorm by Arctic Monkeys
-Shockwave by Black Tide
-Rise Up by blessthefall
-Take It Out On Me by Bullet For My Valentine
-Hail Destroyer by Cancer Bats
-Feathers by Coheed & Cambria
-Lorelei by Comeback Kid
-Holy Diver by Dio (Or the KsE version)
-Orchestra of Wolves by Gallows
-Vela, Together We Await The Storm by The Human Abstract
-A Farewell To Arms by Machine Head
-All Downhill From Here by New Found Glory
-Five Months by Parkway Drive
-Sleepers by Saosin
-Forever by Throwdown
-Pull Harder on The Strings of Your Martyr by Trivium